Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Waiting for the Baby

I have been meaning to leave updates on my blog about our extended stay in the maternity ward. I am hoping to look back on this and get a laugh out of it one day. Hey remember when we were stuck in that hospital for 5 weeks? Ha ha ha!

Anyways...

We are about 2 1/2 weeks into this ordeal. Considering the circumstances, things are going great. Chances are Dylan doesn't even realize that things are out of the normal. He has healthy heart patterns and the hospital staff are optimistic that Sunni will stay pregnant until July 2nd. Today Sunni was feeling some fairly strong contractions. Strong enough that they hooked her up to the monitor for a few hours. One contraction was so big it led to an examination to make sure her cervix was closed. We have both been sleeping much better lately. Life at this hospital is becoming our routine. Family and friends kept Sunni entertained for most of the day and she fell asleep in a good mood. Overall status: GOOD.

In other news,

I am working through my last semester at SLCC. I am struggling a little bit with my Strengths of Materials class. Calc III with Chuck has been the easiest math class since Math 1010, so that's a relief. My FE Prep class started on Thursday. I am taking the FE Exam this October. This is a year earlier than most people take it, but I am hoping to get it out of the way. If I can pass I am sure it will help me get some good internship options next summer. It will be good to finally get to the U. Getting into the Engineering program at the U has been a goal of mine for almost 3 years.

17 more days in this hospital

Goodnight

No comments: