Thursday, October 16, 2008

Debates

An odd thing happened last night.

I watched the Presidential Debate. I have a lot of friends who will probably be pretty suprised when they hear this. Unforunately, for all my polically oriented friends, I have some bad news. I don't know if this is how all debates go, but I hope to god it isn't. I can't imagine that anyones views could have been altered from this experience. This debate meant about as much to me as the ridiculous commercials these two canidates force us to watch. Diareah of the mouth, a panicked attempt to say anything that sounds good, but not really meaning it. I felt awkward watching the debate. It seemed to me like these characters were one smart ass grin away from a full blown slap fight. I hoped that getting somewhat involved would help me find some kind of interest in politics. However, my big problem with politics is politicians. I hate politicians. Watching these two squabble on national tv just reinforced my previous standings. While I am excited for any change in leadership, I look at our two frontrunners, and I don't feel any better. I am starting to seriously worry that our country is doomed.

Obama looks like a muppet, McCain looks like an overstuffed mannequin

God Help Us

Don't worry friends, I am actually more politically involved that I have ever been, and I will continue to pay attention. It is just very hard to dig through all the horse shit that comes out of a politicians mouth.

1 comment:

The Crippes King said...

I knew any comment would be too long, so I wrote an entire post in response.

http://thecrippesking.blogspot.com/2008/10/extended-comment.html