Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dylan is here!

My pregnancy updates were interrupted by the birth of our son Dylan. At birth he weighed almost exactly 4 lbs and was 17 inches long. He is very tall for a baby his age, can't imagine where he got that. He was born June 19th at 9:51 AM via c-section. His birth signifies the end of an ordeal that challenges my brothers heart transplant for the most difficult time of my life. For all of the support and love we have been shown from friends and family, from the bottom of my heart... Thank You. I don't know how we could have made it through without all of you.

As of now Dylan is still living in the NICU. He has been gaining weight and has almost made it to 5 lbs. With the exception of eating, he manages all normal life functions on his own. No ventilators, IV's, or isolated incubation. I should mention he was never on a ventilator. We are able to hold him and spend as much time as we want in his room. As soon as he learns to breastfeed he will be coming home. Hopefully we will have him home within the next 2 weeks.


(nose tube is for food)

No comments: